On Thursday we built the first fuselage for the VT-16 Orlik. The first fuselage out of a new mould is always a bit of an adventure, as you need to get to know the mould and the “difficult spots”. Also, we were experimenting with a new glass and carbon layup (see next post), including using for the first time carbon in the fuselage. Today Georg cracked open the mould and shared pictures of the result. It came out very well! Weight of the empty fuselage is 1.4kg, and the center of balance is just at the trailing edge (which means we got the weight of the tail right). Two more fuselages to build over the next few weeks.
You must log in to post a comment.