Watching paint dry is not really my thing. Andi managed to secure a slot in the paintshop on Saturday and spray painted the wings and all small parts. The fuselage should be done in the next few days. I’m now waiting for the paint to harden out, after which the hard work of polishing starts.
I’ve been using the time to build a small glider, based on the mini-Uhu, but remote-controlled. Originally this was for our upcoming indoor glider-tow competition, which has now been cancelled due to the Corona crisis. I’ve also built a new Clik21 indoor plane, which had been lying around in my workshop for a while. I love that small indoor plane. I’ve built (and sold) multiple versions of it already, always trying to make it lighter improve it further. My current one weighs 93gr (no battery), but with a pull-pull rudder and elevator it wasn’t very precise to fly. Hence my wish to build another one. The new version looks again much improved compared to the previous one, with more stable ailerons and rudders, and a total weight of 95.6 grammes (without battery, i.e. flying weight 110gr).
I also finalised the Urupema decals and spent much time making the rudder control horns. Georg helpfully documented how he made his control horns, which I’ve copied. I’ll post a picture of the painted Urupema as soon as the fuselage comes back from the paintshop.