Urupema: motor bulkhead done and wings, rudder and elevator first fit

Last week we built my second wing, it came out of the bag very nicely. Georg also built the rudder of my Urupema (in the mould). I spent a few hours sanding the abachi wood of the elevator and wings, and had a first fit. I also cut off the nose and installed the bulkhead for the motor, which also worked well.

Pretty excited, this is going to be a beauty. A lot of work to be done still though, experience says that once the wings are fit it’s about a third of the work done. But I hope to have my Urupema airborne by early June.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *