JS3 Winglets and Canopy

While the AvantiHawk (Duckhawk) is still waiting at the paintshop, I’ve picked up work on the JS3 again. The winglets were a lot more work than expected. The crude mould we used to shape carbon around a foam core proved a bit too rudimentary. The result needed a LOT of work (filler, sanding, repeat….), but I’m now almost there. I’ve also finished the canopy frame, and cut the canopy glass to shape. All that’s left is a final sanding of the winglets and fixing the canopy glass to the frame. Then the fuselage needs a final sanding and a bit of filler to cover up the seam where the two halves of the fuselage were joined, and then it’s also off to the paintshop.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *