Ok, we now officially decided that the JS3 is the most difficult build we’ve taken on so far. We’ve spent quite a bit of time cutting and rejoining the wings to that they get their nice multiple V shape. Now we’re working on the winglets. As we are building both the 15 and 18m versions, we actually need two pairs of winglets for each plane (they’re fitted to the wing at a different angle for each version…). Georg kindly prepared two simple moulds that he used to construct his winglets. The core of each winglet is foam, cut with a hot wire, then covered with carbon. After fitting them to the wings and sanding we add a layer of glass, then primer, sanding again, and finishing off with spray painting. But first we need to produce four pairs of these.